Ideal Skills & Experience:
- An interest in broadcast and/or digital media
- Resourcefulness and a solution-based mindset
- A team player with great communication skills
- Must possess a cell phone and valid driver’s license
- Three years of public speaking and appearances (preferred)
- Three years of copywriting experience (preferred)
- Create and execute live remote ideas, such as giveaways and interviews
- Host 5-10 live remotes per week
- Develop and maintain relationships with local business owners
- Create social media content that is fun and engaging
- Support sales and management team with some administrative duties including but not limited to: preparing proposals, developing presentations, taking meeting notes, drafting and sending emails, scheduling appointments
- Represent My Town Media and its values at local events
- Assist in closing deals or facilitate your own deals.
About the Position: My Town Media’s Brand Ambassadors are responsible for driving community engagement through live remote broadcasts, giveaways, and other “fun” engagements, with the goal of creating more advertising customers. This position may also offer some administrative assistance to our sales team. The ideal candidate will possess administrative and creative skills, high energy, and the desire to interact with people on a daily basis. No experience necessary; My Town Media is open to training the right person. My Town Media runs on a typical Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule; though this role will require a flexible schedule in order to attend special events such as concerts, sporting events, and more.
Position perks: Employer-covered health & vision insurance; optional dental insurance; paid time off; fun station-sponsored events such as concerts and holiday parties; professional development; incredible work-life balance
About My Town Media: My Town Media is a broadcast and digital marketing company with 18 radio stations and offices across Kansas and western Missouri. Our stations cover a variety of genres, including rock, top 40, sports, news, talk, and our signature My Country brand. Our digital services include Google and SEO marketing, social media strategy, videography, and website design.
*Preference will be given to candidates who include a cover letter – though it is not required.
*Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check.
Compensation: $30,000-$36,000 DOE, plus bonus incentives up to $50K/Yr
Supplemental Pay Types: Bonus pay | Commission pay
Schedule: 8 hour shift | Monday-Friday | Weekend availability
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance