Ideal Skills & Experience:
- An interest in broadcast and/or digital media
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (required)
- A heart for service and community involvement (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and a solution-based mindset
- A team player with great communication skills
- Must possess a cell phone and valid driver’s license
- Two years’ experience in a professional office setting (preferred)
- Two years’ experience in a role that required high levels of trust and integrity (preferred)
- Schedule appointments
- Maintain office calendar(s)
- Assist with event organization
- Take phone calls
- Manage records
- Greet guests
- Other clerical and administrative duties as assigned
About the Position: My Town Media’s Emporia office is hiring an Office Manager to organize various elements of the Emporia office. A career in radio means no two days are the same! The individual in this role is responsible for general office maintenance and organization, writing and voicing commercials, and other administrative duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have exemplary organizational skills, a creative problem-solving mindset, self-motivation, and great writing and dictation skills. Though relevant experience is preferred, candidates with any professional background are encouraged to apply. We are willing to train the right person.
Position perks: Employer-covered health & vision insurance; optional dental insurance; paid time off; fun station-sponsored events such as concerts and holiday parties; professional development; incredible work-life balance
About My Town Media: My Town Media is a broadcast and digital marketing company with 18 radio stations and offices across Kansas and western Missouri. Our stations cover a variety of genres, including rock, top 40, sports, news, talk, and our signature My Country brand. Our digital services include Google and SEO marketing, social media strategy, videography, and website design.
*Preference will be given to candidates who include a cover letter – though it is not required.
*Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check.
Schedule: 8 hour shift | Monday-Friday | Weekend availability
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance